Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nativity

I've been messing around with my Cricut a lot lately.  I plan to make all of our Christmas cards from now until eternity, so I was able to convince my husband that I should buy the Winter Frolic cartridge.  :)  On Saturday he was working on his car, which means I get a free pass to spend the day crafting without having other things to do.  It really took all day, but here is the final result:

It's a nativity!  I used a dark blue 12x12 paper for the background, and a green textured paper that I've had for a million years (and probably got at the dollar tree) for the grass.  I had to freehand the stable, which has a plain brown background and a wood-patterned paper that I got at Hobby Lobby (Paper Studio, I think?).  I looked at pictures of the stable from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge for inspiration. 

The angels and people were all cut at 3 inches.  The donkey was 2.5 inches, the sheep were 2 inches, and the star was about 4.5 or 5 inches.  The star is covered in diamond Stickles.  All of the paper for the people, animals, and star are from the single paper plain cardstock rack at Hobby Lobby.

This was a really exciting project for me for several reasons.  First, it was the first project I made since buying my stash of new adhesives, like a Glue Glider pro and a Zig pen.  I felt like a real scrapper!  Second, I had been planning it for a long time, so it was great to see it coming to fruition.  And third, after I get a frame for it, I'll put it up every Christmas to remember the beginning of my Cricut fun! 

Also, I watched a childhood classic, Thumbelina, on DVD on the laptop while I was making it (check it out sometime).  All in all, a perfect Saturday morning.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment