Saturday, February 25, 2012

Get "Whale" Soon card

Just one card for you today!  There are quite a few birthdays coming up in March and April, so there will be awhile before the next birthday card post.


I made this card for my sister, who hasn't been feeling too well lately.  I hope she likes getting cards, because I LOVE sending them to her.  She's my #1 card recipient.

This card was cut to fit in an A2 envelope.  The cardstock was from Paper Studio.  The patterned paper behind the whale is from the Cricut Celebrations paper pad.  I used the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and my Cuttlebug to add to the waves, which were cut from the Zooballoo cartridge.  This was the first time I had used my "Cut to Length" feature on my Expression and it worked so well!  It fit the card just right.

I cut the whale from Create a Critter and used some Glossy Accents on the water coming out of his blow-hole to make it shine.  I wrote the pun "Get Whale Soon!" with black Fiskars gel pen.  I hope it brightened her day.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment