Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Sorry I had to wait until after Valentine's Day to post, but I couldn't risk that my husband would find the picture somewhere of his card.  :)

This first card is for my husband.  I spent a lot of time looking through my handbooks for something that was lovey but not too girly.  I finally settled on this one.  The cardstock is Paper Studio, and the patterned paper is from the Paper Studio All Seasons 2 stack.  I cut out the lock and key from Sweethearts, but they blended in too much to the patterned paper, so I decided to use the shadow feature and that helped a lot.  I put them on with some popdots, so they would stick out even more.  Simple, yet lovely (if I do say so myself).


I also made a valentine for my sister.  My sister is a cat person, so as soon as I saw the Smitten Kitten cuts on Sweethearts I was like "I HAVE TO USE THIS FOR HER."  I used the polka dot paper from Paper Studio's The Basics pad and the orange patterned paper that I cut the words from is ProvoCraft.  The kitten itself was cut from Bazzill.  The one problem I have with the Sweethearts cart is that sometimes it cuts little slits on things but you can't see them very well.  For example, the cat's whole face (except its nose) was only cut with slits.  So I used my Fiskars gel pens and traced the slits with colors that I thought looked right.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment