Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bundle of Joy

A friend of mine is excitedly awating the birth of her first baby.  Or, since this is posting about a month after I made the card, is maybe celebrating the birth of her son.  (I often post-date my posts so that they publish after the recipient has gotten what I made them).

Anyway, after seeing this awesome tutorial on shape cards (which I saw when it was posted on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog), I thought a shape card would be a super cute way to go for her baby shower card.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the baby shower (it was the same day as my sister's graduation), but I wanted to let her know how excited I was/am for her to finally be entering this season of life.


I used the baby carriage from Simply Charmed for this card.  I cut the shadow on kraft cardstock.  It was cut at 4 1/2 inches.  The stroller itself is cut from a sheet of sample cardstock that I got when I made an order from Custom Crops, so I don't have any information about it other than that it is cute.  The rest of the paper is from scraps.  If you are very familiar with Simply Charmed, you'll notice that I used the baby girl's face on the baby boy's stroller.  I just liked the girl's face better, because her eyes are open and it cut cleaner that way. 


As in the tutorial, I cut the two shadows the same size and direction, then scored the top of the one that is the inside of the card.  I folded it back, covered it with adhesive (I used my glue glider pro) and stuck them together.

Inside, I stamped the "bundle of joy" stamp from Pink by Design's Scripted Year set.  It's a little crooked because I stamped it before I decided where to adhere the front of the card, so I stamped it straight at the time but crooked for the way the card opens.  Oh, well.  I used a blue stamp pad that I was given by a friend to compliment the blue on the front.

I am SO enamored with kraft right now.  I want to use it as my base for everything. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment