Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Seasons


I've had an idea rolling around in my head for awhile now, since I got my Stampendous "Everything Happy" set, which has the word "happy" and all four seasons on it.  I wanted to make a set of cards with those stamps and the four seasons trees from Simply Charmed. 


I cut these cards the same dimensions as my insect cards:
Black cards are 4 x 4 (4 x 8 folded in half)
White layer is 3.75 x 3.75
Colored layer is 3.5 x 3.5

I used all paper from my stash for the colors on the cards.  Amazingly, I pulled out four colors for the background layers, and realized that they perfectly matched the four solid colors of Target brand washi tape, so I decided to incorporate that.  I used it as the stripe. 

I cut the trees at 2 inches.  I decided that I didn't want the smiley faces that everything on Simply Charmed.   I cut the brown layers using Layer 1 (which is supposed to be the background for the smiley part) and skipped Layer 2 completely.



I don't know that I will give them to anyone, because I like them.  I am finding myself really drawn to making these little card sets.  I don't know if it's the miniature nature or the fact that they're sets, but something about them is really fun for me.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment