Friday, June 8, 2012

It's almost the big day

It's almost here.  The day women dread from the time they turn 25....my 30th birthday is in August!  Aaaaaahhhh!

I've been throwing around whether or not I want to have a birthday party, and since there were a couple of challenges that I wanted to try I thought I'd make a first attempt at an invitation. 

The 30 is cut from Doodletype, and I wanted it to fill up almost the entire page.  It's a big deal, after all!  Then I wanted to add the little grasshopper from Stretch Your Imagination because...well...I think he's cute and I've always wanted to use him for something.  But I wanted to make him festive, so I added the party hat from Doodlecharms, cut with the blackout feature.  He's cut at 1.5 inches, the hat is at .75.  I even used some old Doodlebug paper for the hat- it's a doodle fest in here!

I embossed some white paper with my Cuttlebug Seeing Spots folder, and it looked SO HARSH against the blue.  So I used some blue and purple ink and one of my makeup sponges, and just inked all over the page.  It was still pretty harsh, so I pulled out my Ek Success corner rounder (the medium one) and chomped away.  That helped a lot.  Then I added the little hop marks with a black gel pen, and it was done!


Since it's an invitation, I had to include all of the information!  I used Pink by Design stamps Party Time for the entire page.  It has mix-and-match sentiments for all sorts of invitations.  It's great!  I stamped it in the same purple ink that I used for inking the front of the card. 

I'm not sure why the picture came out so yellow?  It's really a piece of white cardstock
and purple writing in real life.  I think it has to do with the flash being on.
 I plan to enter this card into the following challenges:

Fantabulous Cricut- Don't bug me
My Craft Spot- Birthday- what's your age?
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun b-day card! Love that little froggie jumping around, the embossing really makes the number pop too. Thank you for joining us for the Birthday challenge at My Craft Spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME looking card!SO FUN,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute....love the embossing! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love all the embossing and that cute little bug! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! The embossing is fabulous! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Birthday Invite! Here's an early birthday wish - Happy Birthday!

    Thank You for joining us at My Craft Spot - What's Your Age?.

    Thank You for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut - Don't Bug Me.

    Marlene
    DT Memeber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love the embossing! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete