Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rock On!

This has been quite a few months for my little sister.  She graduated from college, had a birthday, moved to a new city, and is about to start graduate school.  I couldn't be more proud!  I wanted to send her a card to let her know that I think she is awesome.  I had been eyeing the fox from Birthday Bash ever since I got it- it is so cute- and I thought the matching sentiment went well with this particular occasion.

I already had this blue card that is slightly smaller than A2.  It was given to me from a friend's purge so I don't know what brand it is.  I cut the fox, star, and sentiment to fit on the front of the card, and I popped up the star using Elmer's popup glue dots.  They're really big compared to my foam pop dots, so they work well for bigger surfaces. 


I really like on Birthday Bash how some of the animals have arms that can be holding many different things.  Instead of the guitar, I could have put anything into the fox's hand, and his right arm (the one strumming the strings) has an extra cut that goes over the top of the item he's holding. 

I also have a quick birthday card from Birthday Bash, that I made for my sister's boyfriend.  I used scraps of patterned paper and the Phrase function.  Didn't it come out cute?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment