Saturday, July 28, 2012

Where's the summer fun?

I know that some of you are probably looking at this card, and looking at the challenge that brought you here from another website, and being all like "what the what?"  Let me explain.  I am a big geek.  Growing up, I lived in an area where we could see the stars on most nights.  In the summer, when it was warm enough to be outside at night, one of my favorite things was to go on my parents' patio and look up at the stars and try to make out the constellations. I admit that when I got my smart phone, the first app that I downloaded was the google app for finding constellations.  So, for me, star gazing is actually Summer Fun.

Ok, enough explanation.  Let's get to the card!  It's a regular A2 card.  I just used some dark blue card stock as the background.  I cut seven stars from Baby Steps and glued them on in the pattern of the Big Dipper, probably the most recognizable of the constellations.  I used a yellow gel pen to trace the line of the constellation, to make it even more recognizable.  The tag was cut from George and Basic Shapes, and the sentiment was stamped with Lawn Fawn stamps (what a shock, right?)  

The blue striped strip at the bottom is a piece of washi tape from Target, and I used a few miscellaneous green gems to dress it up.  On another note- why is it that pictures always show flaws that are totally not noticeable in real life?  I swear there are no visible folds in the paper or washi in real life... 



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Pile it On- Tag, you're it
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Cool constellation! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little dipper card. thanks for joining us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the washi! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Creative Cutter Room and Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CCR & CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you made the "Big Dipper"! Cute card :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative & fun! Thanks for sharing it with us over in the Creative Cutter Room. I like the use of tape for the bottom. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, love the sentiment.

    Thank you for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! When I was a kid I would climb on the roof of our garage and stare at the stars! SO super Summer Fun!! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at the stars in the summer is a lot of fun!
    Great card, love your big dipper!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room!
    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun starry card nice colors. I love looking at the stars in the sky Thank you for joining in the CCR challenge.
    DIANA L.
    CCR DT member.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple & clever. Respect for such a genuine hobby. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I can totally understand your tradition! Mine would be fireworks! It makes me think of my summers when I was a little girl :)

    This is super adorable and I just love it :)

    Thank you for joining us at CCR!!!

    Great job!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete