Monday, August 20, 2012

Flamingos

So there's a story behind this card.  Last weekend, I was talking to my husband and I was telling him about the challenges that were out and one of them was a flamingo challenge.  I was kind of blankly talking about different ideas to do and he said "you should make a card about lawn flamingos!"  It's kind of a joke in his family that they talk about the tacky lawn flamingos that people have, so I thought it was a great idea.  So...here it is!

This card is 5x5.  The patterned paper is from Recollections.  I used the Cuttlebug "Just my Type" borders on the blue strip of paper.  The house is cut from Create a Critter at 2 inches- it cuts relative to the size that would match the animal that is the main cut.  The flamingos are from Life is a Beach at 2.5 inches.  I added a couple of buttons to the top and it was ready!  I'm typing this before he gets home from work (but it's publishing just slightly after he gets home) so I hope he likes it!



I plan to enter this in the following challenge:
Pause Dream Enjoy- Flamingos or pink
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great card - and nothing like those tacky garden flamingoes! :-) Wonderful . TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky! That story cracks me up! Your husband is a genius. Love how your card turned out. The lawn flamingos remind me of that Gnome movie. Thanks, Becky, for playing with us again and again at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. I love visiting your blog. Big smiles! Have a great day, and tell your hubby "GOOD IDEA!" :) Janis

    ReplyDelete