Friday, August 3, 2012

Sweet Pea

Here's a nice card to add to the stash for any upcoming babies.  I used an A2 sized piece of kraft cardstock for the base.  The background paper is from the Bright and Basics Recollections pad.  I cut the words Sweet Pea from New Arrival at 1 inch.  The shadow is purple and the sentiment is white.  I put a 1 x 4 strip of pink cardstock behind it to make it pop.  

Next I cut the pea pod from New Arrival at 3 1/2 inches.  Again, I cut the shadow in the same purple.  I also used the same pink as from behind "Sweet Pea" to keep it consistent.  I put some Cotton Candy Stickles on the heart and used a Fiskars gel pen to trace the face.  To just add a little bit more embellishment I put some homemade bakers twine in a double bow up in the top corner.  


I am entering this in the following challenges:
My Craft Spot- Oh, baby!
Pause, Dream, Enjoy- Cupcakes or Baby theme
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Thank you so much for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable. Love the baby in the pea.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on our challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby card - I just love that Sweet Pea! Thanks for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges :) Hope to see you again soon!

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is soo cute!
    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!
    Elaine
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! The little image is just perfect with the word art!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great image and love the color palette. Thanks for joining us at PDE challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...this is darling! I love the little sweet pea! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete