Monday, August 6, 2012

Thinking of You

I've been wanting to learn how to make rosettes, mostly because I love them but I'm too cheap to buy the name brand ones.  I looked at a few different tutorials and tried quite a few times, but I think I might have the hang of it now.  For the rosette on this A2 sized card, I used a strip of paper that was 3/4 inch by 12 inches.  I scored the paper every quarter inch going down the 12 inches and accordion folded it.  Then I adhered the two ends together, and popped it on it's side.  The back has a scrap of paper that I adhered on with Glossy Accents, and then I put the button on the same way.  I put the rosette in the middle of four spice jars that I use for buttons, and then put the Glossy Accents on top of the button.  I left it like that the rest of the time that I was making the card, and it's super sturdy now.

My card base is white, with the turquoise adhered on the top and a strip of red cardstock across the bottom of the turquoise.  I had a really clear picture of how I wanted this to look in my mind.  I was so disappointed to realize that I had no red and turquoise paper for the bottom half, so I made my own design with some Cricut cuts.  The swirls on the bottom half are from Sweethearts at various sizes.  I had to make a few adjustments and cut off some parts of the swirl when they ripped a little.

The tag is also from Sweethearts, with the shadow feature cut in red.  I used red Doodlebug ink to stamp the sentiment, which is from Pink by Design's Scripted Year.



I am entering this card in the following challenge:
My Sheri Crafts- Back and Forth
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combination. I love the way your rosette and flourish go together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the colors and the flourish.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! I love your rosette! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rosette turned out perfect - thanks for sharing how you made it:-)

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Your rosette turned out great and I like the button on it! Pretty color combination! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rosette and very pretty card!!! Thanks so much for trying out the rosette and for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity of this card. The colors are a wonderful combination and adding the rosette... just makes it that much more elegant. Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love the rosette and color choice.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the swirls you added at the bottom. They really make a great "patterned paper". Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete