Friday, October 5, 2012

How's it waggin'

This card is full of my favorite things!  If you take a look at my labels on the sidebar, you'll see that Create a Critter (the original) is by far my favorite cartridge.  So when I knew I was going to play along in the My Favorite Things challenge at Scrappy Mom's Stamps, I knew immediately that I'd want to use it.  In real life, my dog Sophie is one of my favorite things, so I chose the terrier cut from Create a Critter.  

When my husband and I were dating, it was in the heyday of MySpace and I used to fill out these questionnaires that would float around the site.  One of the questions was always "what's your favorite color?" and I would always say "pink and green."  He read my questionnaires and the first bunch of flowers he ever got me were pink (with green stems, of course!).  Nowadays, my favorite colors have shifted and I'm more of a teal kind of person, but I decided to go with pink and green for this card as a nod to him.  I used a piece of green patterned paper from the KI Memories Classics stack, some pink cardstock for the dog's collar, and some pink Target brand washi tape, which I layered on white cardstock so you could see it.

I cut the bone also from the same button as the dog on Create a Critter, and put a stamp from Scrappy Mom's Stamps "Raining Cats and Dogs" on it.  


I'm entering this card for the following challenge:
Scrappy Mom's Stamps- My Favorite things
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Becky - your card is ADORABLE! I love the story behind it too. Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling card!!Very Sweet!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky your card is so cute!! Love CAC myself.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete