Friday, November 2, 2012

Orange and brown

Happy Friday!  It's time for another challenge at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges!  This week, we'll be talking about: 
Question: Are the leaves turning colors yet where you live?

Theme: MAKE AN ORANGE AND BROWN PROJECT

I love the leaves turning colors!  Fall is my favorite!  That's the only thing that I like about living in the midwest.  The leaves are definitely turning here, and it's so peaceful.

For this card, I was inspired not just by the colors, but by trees as well (although I do realize this is not really a fall tree).  A few weeks ago I was out of town for a conference for work, and was thinking about this pretty flourish tree by Jaded Blossom stamps- it and the sentiment are both from the Simple Sayings set- and decided to make a simple card that focused on the stamp.  

I cut a regular A2 sized card in brown, then cut the orange a quarter inch smaller on each side.  Then I stamped the tree and sentiment on the same color orange and cut around it.  I cut a piece of brown that was a quarter inch bigger than it.  Under the tree, I have some brown washi tape from We R Memory Keepers.  I popped up the tree for a little flourish.  Then I added some brown pearls for a finishing touch!

Has fall come to your home yet?  Play along with us at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges this week!  You can head over to the blog for some more inspiration from my fellow DT members and add your own projects too!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colors and that tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card...just lovely!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your pretty card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love this stamp! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! love that tree!!
    Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete