Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yappy birthday card

I haven't had much time to make any cards lately, it felt so good to get back into it!  I've spent most of my crafty time lately working on getting my December Daily album started- I'm so embarrassed of how messy my scrapping table is!

I decided to make a birthday card to go into my stash.  It's almost birthday season in our house.  It's an A2 card with patterned paper on top, then another layer of the cardstock, and a strip of the patterned paper along the bottom.

The dog is from Create a Critter 2, cut at 3 inches.  He's supposed to be a graduation dog, but instead I cut the birthday hat and noise maker that were from one of the other buttons.  I doodled over the swirl at the end of the noisemaker with a gel pen to make the pattern more prominent.  The collar is just a scrap that I cut out of the pink paper to fit the neck.  I stamped the sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps (Raining Cats and Dogs set) in dark purple, and added the three dark purple buttons on the side.



Cut it up Challenges- Buttons, buttons everywhere
Paper Playtime- Anything Goes
Scrappy Moms Stamps- Cuddly Critters

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. What a really cute card!! I love your dog and that fun paper! Awesome job! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I love the sentiment and background paper! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is perfect as a birthday dog! Not sure my pup would wear a hat though. : )

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pun! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, he just makes me smile! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card,love the dog. Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at scrappy moms stamps!

    ReplyDelete