Sunday, December 23, 2012

Steamin' Hot

Surprise!  I had some time to get into my craft room this week (although admittedly this card was made in about 10 short crafting sessions instead of doing it all at once.)



This is an A2 card.  I used some pink cardstock as the card, then layered red cardstock and then a green patterned paper from one of my Christmas stacks.  I also used the red cardstock behind the sentiments to make them stand out.

The sentiments and picture are freebies from The AlleyWay Stamps.  I printed the sentiment three times- twice on regular white paper and once on a candy cane striped paper from the same Christmas stack as the green paper.  I paper-pieced the striped paper onto the white paper and colored in the heart with a red Sharpie, then pieced that onto the plain one as well.

I'm entering this card into the Be Inspired challenge at AlleyWay Stamps.  I was definitely inspired by the colors and stripes of their picture this week.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Perfect for Valentines. Great card!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the striped mug - what a FUN card! So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww Becky your card is totally adorable...Thanks for joining us at The Alley Way Stamps... Be Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fun! It totally makes me want to go have some Peppermint Hot Chocolate :) Thanks so much for playing with the TAWS BE inspired Challenge! Can't wait to see what you make next challenge.. hugs

    ReplyDelete