Friday, December 28, 2012

Wink!

It's the last Friday of the year!  That means it's also 2012's last challenge at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges.    Our last challenge of the year is:

Question: Are you completely worn out from this busy time of year?

Theme: ANYTHING GOES!


I am always worn out by the end of the Christmas season. With my family and my husband's family, it feels like we're all over the place for the time surrounding the holiday.  I love spending time with our family and friends, but I'm always ready for a break afterward.  

When you're worn out, what better way to relax than a nice, hot cup of hot chocolate?  That was the inspiration for this card.  It's a shape card that I cut from Smiley Cards.  I cut two of the shadow of the cup in black at 3 inches.  Then I did not cut the main image, which would normally be the black that shows through in the face.  There are two different blue layers, and of course the cute cheeks that are characteristic of the faces from Smiley Cards.  

Do you know the easy way to make shaped cards?  You don't necessarily have to use Cricut Craft Room or a Gypsy to weld things.  When you cut two identical copies of the background (in this case, the shadow) cut, you can score part of the back copy, fold it over, and adhere them together.  In this case, I scored about a half inch down from the top of the card and adhered those parts together.



Do you need a crafty break after the rush of the holiday season?  Head over to Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges and check out what the rest of the DT has for you.  Then head to your craft space and make something to join us!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shape card tip. I don't like to use my Gypsy, so I only make shape cards that are already created in the booklets. I miss out on so many other possibilities.

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable shaped card!Love coffe and this card too!
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to make a shaped card. I like shaped cards. Like the face. This card makes me think of Disney Beauty & the Beast movie with the teacup.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete