Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The official Christmas card

Happy 2013!  While I'm recuperating from being awake after *gasp* 9:00 pm, I thought I'd let you in on what design I picked for our Christmas card this year.  We sat down with many of the Christmas themed cards I made over the course of the year and this is what I came up with:

I cut the card to fit my A2 envelopes on White Bazzill cardstock.  That's right, I buy the heavy duty stuff for the Christmas cards.  :)  Then I cut dark blue Bazzill and wrapped some silver ribbon from Michaels (it's the 360 brand).  I cut the Jesus and star from Winter Frolic with Bazzill cardstock.  The yellow and the silvery/off white color have shimmer to them, which looks very cool.  I drew Jesus' eyes and cheeks on with gel pen and I took his cheeks off using Cricut Craft Room.

The "Merry Christmas" banner is cut from Wild Card and stamped in blue ink with a stamp from My Creative Time's "Gift Card Sentiments."  I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the cards, but you can see the sentiment I used here:  Glory of Christ's Birth Stamp.  I stamped it in the same blue as I used on the front of the card.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment