Saturday, February 16, 2013

White on White

If yesterday's card was meant to highlight the embossing as a contrast to the dark colors, today's is meant to highlight the embossing in a whole other way!  When I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog was having a White-on-White challenge, I definitely wanted to give it a go.  I love the simplicity of White-on-White.

I used a regular A2 sized white card base, with rounded edges.  Then I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder, and cut it to just slightly smaller than the base (again with rounded edges).  I put a piece of white crinkle ribbon around it toward the top, and then centered on a piece of cardstock that had been embossed with one of the Winter Jellies folders.  (side note:  when using the Winter Jellies folders, I believe it is mandatory to dance around your craft room and sing "I don't think you're ready for this jelly...")

Then I cut a strip of paper for the bottom and stamped the sentiment using Alphadots from Paper Smooches and Memento grey ink.  


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Becky - love that sentiment with Mr.Jelly! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Becky. I love that cute little snowman !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete