Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Wishes

Today I've got a totally non-traditional colors Easter card (as opposed to yesterday's card which was oozing pastels).  I used the color palate from this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, which was called "fiesta."  I may have continued yesterday's Stickles craze to today.

The card is tan, although it's a little hard to see in the picture.  There's a layer of orange cardstock with a piece of patterned paper from Echo Park (I think the Country Drive 6x6- it's the backside of the paper I used on yesterday's card.)  I also used a piece of yellow ribbon and a yellow button that reminded me of wicker that were both from my stash.

The main image on this card is one of Paper Smooches' freebies.  I colored the basket with an orange sharpie and the eggs are also colored with sharpies.  Then I used Stickles to match the colors of each egg- Firefly, Orange Peel, and Yellow.  I took about 9,000 pictures trying to show that there is also Easter grass in the basket, but you couldn't ever see it in the pictures.  Here you can just barely see a shimmer right next to the green egg, if you know to look for it.

The sentiment is stamped from Paper Smooches' "Alphadots" stamp set.  I started with the R and worked my way backwards.


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Paper Smooches SPARKS- Cool Shades Fiesta
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog- Easter/Spring
Pin It

2 comments: