Friday, April 19, 2013

Two Sophie Layouts

(This accidentally got posted back in February, but I deleted it and scheduled it to post today, when it was supposed to.  Sorry if you're reading it twice!) When I make layouts for Sophie's scrapbook, I tend to do many at a time.  I print out 8 or so pictures, get out one of our folding tables to spread out my gigantic stash of dog craft supplies, and just do a page or two a day until they're done.  I'll try to share them a couple at a time here, so that there aren't 8 posts in a row, but also so that they don't get lost in one post.  All of Sophie's layouts are 8x8.




The first layout on this post is on a dark blue piece of cardstock.  I layered on some patterned paper from the Good Dog line by Imaginisce and put Sophie's picture on top of it.  It was printed 4x6, but I cut off some of the edges that were just extra space and it came out pretty much a square picture.

The title letters are from an old pack of letter stickers I picked up in the Target dollar bin and the journal tag is from my stash, as is the bone behind it and the slip of red paper in the top corner.  Each of the three areas of embellishment has some washi tape by Queen & Co and a stamp from the Furry Friends stamp set by Pink by Design.  The "Unleashed" sticker in the top corner is from Reminisce.



The second layout for this post is on green cardstock.  I cut the picture down by just a quarter of an inch and then matted it on a piece of 6x6 paper from the Snap collection.  The black washi tape with paw prints is from Queen and Co.  In the top corner, I layered a phrase sticker from Paper Studio, a pawprint from Echo Park's "Woof" and a bone from the Deja Views Dog Days stack.  In the bottom corner I used a vellum title from DCWV and some brackets and a blue embellishment from
the Deja Views Dog Days stack. I finished it off with some journaling on a journal block from We R Memory Keepers.

So there you have it: Two of Sophie's layouts!  I like the blue one better than the green.  It seems like something is missing, but I can't really figure out what.  The great thing about scrapbooking is that if I figure it out some day, I can just slip it out of the page protector and add it on!  
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - your Sophie looks a lot like my Lola! What a cutie pie! Lola puts her face down and pushes like that after she has a trip to the groomers. She is usually trying to get the bow out of her hair and I think maybe trying to get rid of the scented shampoo they use on her! Love your sweet layouts - Yorkies are just the best ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy says woof to your cutie Sophie.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being spotlighted at FCCB today. Been cruising your blog. You really have some cute layouts of Sophie. I'll have to check in to see the new pages as you post. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are darling, pet pages are so much fun to do. Great spotlight over at FCCB today!!

    ReplyDelete