Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day cards


It's Monday, and you know what that means- time for a challenge at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges!  Our theme this time is: Happy ________.  That's right, any project that has to do with happy anything will work!  I chose to make Happy Mother's Day cards for my mom and mother-in-law (and had to wait until after Mother's Day to post them!)

I made these cards using Wild Card, and cut the blackout of the scallop card at 5 inches.  I really wanted the base image of the scallop card, but after wasting a TON of yellow cardstock with it ripping or not cutting all the way through as I tried to adjust various settings, I just went with the blackout because it cut better.  I still think the card works.

The kraft circle and pink image were cut at 4 inches from Storybook.  I adhered them onto the card base and then put little pink pearls that I got from the dollar bin at Michaels in the center of each flower.  To finish off the card, I made bows from some off-white ribbon and glued them to the top of the card with glossy accents.



The inside of the card is stamped with sentiments from Joy's Life Everyday Occasions and Holiday Occasions.
 What kind of happy crafts do you want to make?  Check out some inspiration from the rest of the DT at Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges and then it's your turn!

I'm also entering these cards into the Fun Friday Mother's Day Challenge at Little Scrap Pieces.  
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards:) Great colors:)
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, great shapes! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge with your simply sweet card. wonderful colors. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they came out great!!! Love the shape!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete