Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Wet N Wild at Craftin Desert Divas!



It's week two of the Summer Wet N Wild theme at the Craft It Up and Link It Up Linky Party hosted by Tara of Craftin Desert Divas! Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly linky party and you could win fabulous prizes! 

There's still time for you to join in! The more you link up, the better chance you have to win.  Visit Craftin Desert Divas for all the rules and to play along.

Here is what I created for this linky party....

For this week's card, I decided to go waaay back.  I pulled out my Cricut and my Paper Pups cartridge!  I love all the images on this cartridge, and I don't use it nearly enough.  The background of the card is fairly simple- I always try to keep is simple with Paper Pups cards because of the way the images are with the thick borders and I don't want too much going on.  I just used two different papers from my huge stash of MME 6x6 pads.  I love the B sides of those papers!  

I cut this adorable dog at 3 3/4 inches.  One of my tricks with Paper Pups is that I always cut the blackout of the image from something in my pile of random scraps that I probably won't ever use, and then as I cut the layers I can adhere them all to the blackout.  Paper Pups layering is different in that all of the layers end up flat, rather than on top of each other, so it helps to have that base. 

My stamp is from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings 2.  I thought my pup who was heading to the beach would like me to send some sunshine her way.  :)  I added a little blue flower that I had bought at Michaels for $1 and covered the whole thing in glitter glue.  You know how I like my sparkle!



Hope you will Craft It Up and Link It Up!!!

I'll also be linking this project up at the DL.Art Summer Linky Party.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment