Monday, August 12, 2013

hey girl

One of my favorite challenges to participate in is the Wednesday challenges at Simon Says Stamp.  This week, their challenge is to use Triangles.  I spent quite awhile going through my supplies looking for triangles- embossing folder?  nope.  stamp?  nope.  misting mask?  nope.  Finally, I found this background paper from the Amy Tangerine "Yes Please" 6x6 pad and an idea started to form.

I've been using the "Sisters" mini kit from Echo Park to complement some of my scrapbook pages of my childhood.  I knew that the tile "girl" was on there, and I wasn't super sure that I was going to use it on a page, so I thought since it matched the color of the background paper so well, why not use it on a card.  It made me think of the popular "hey girl" meme out there, and so I pulled out these white American Crafts letter stickers and used them to make the sentiment on the card.

To add some embellishment, I used two strips of ribbon and then used another piece to tie a knot in the strips.  I layered it all on some brown cardstock and then it was done!






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card! I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete