Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween dress up card




I just couldn't resist getting one last Halloween card in before the big day approaches.  This is my first Halloween living in a neighborhood since I was a teenager, so I'm pretty excited.  I've already bought three bags of candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters and I pulled Sophie's bumblebee costume out of storage so she'll be ready to greet the kids at the door.  :)

This card started with my idea that I wanted to color some of the kids from Pink by Design's Guess Who? stamp set.  I stamped them all and then colored them one day with colored pencils.  After that, I got out my 1 inch circle punch and punched some of them out.  I realized that I had a really colorful crew, so I decided then to make a little mosaic with 9 circles.  The two sentiment circles are also from the Guess Who? stamp set.  I had to mask the "got candy?" to stamp it in two lines instead of one to get it to fit. 

I layered it onto some spiderweb paper because I wanted the card background to be all black so it didn't interfere with any of the kids' costumes.  Then I put that onto a black square card base.


I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Halloween. 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! The circles with the cute images in look so very cute and fun! I love the one in the bee costume! So sweet! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete