Friday, November 8, 2013

CAS card

Today's card is a clean and simple card I made with a new stamp I just bought and wanted to try out.  The stamp was only 50 cents at Joann's in one of the bins they always have by the checkout.  I really liked the sentiment so I said "why not?"

I got my inspiration for my color scheme from a pack of MME enamel dots that I had on my table.  I used a blue sharpie to color in the word "here" and the star at the top of the page.  The other three stars were colored with BIC Mark-its.  The stars are wood veneers by Studio Calico.  Yep, I finally hopped on the wood veneer bandwagon.

And that's it!  I mean, other than the multitude of times I stamped it on scrap paper, trying different colors schemes for the coloring, or the piles of enamel dots, sequins, and wood veneer that ended up on my table when I was trying to decide which type of embellishment I wanted to use on the card. CAS isn't always as easy as it appears to be by the end product.  :)


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenges - Wednesday Challenge, Keep it Clean and Simple


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! I like that you added color to your veneer stars! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete