Thursday, January 30, 2014

Love is Sweet


Today's card is a bigger card than usual- it's about 5x6.  I used this hearts cut from the Silhouette Online Store and welded two of them side by side.  Once I got it all adhered to the background paper I wrapped some twine around the bottom and tied it in a knot.  The twine is from the dollar section at Michaels- I'm loving getting some small quantities of lots of different colors there, because I don't use twine as much as other things but I like to have colors on hand for when I want it.

The stamp is from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings:Valentine's Edition.  I stamped it on white cardstock and hand cut it into a banner.  Then I adhered the entire thing onto the white card base.

Side note: something about the circle patterned paper with the pink stripes on it was making some weird optical illusions when I was taking pictures.  I never even thought I'd have to consider that when planning my projects.  ;)


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenges- Wednesday Challenge, Anything twine
 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I just love your card. Its like a garden of heart flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again. Just wanted to let you know that your card inspired me to make one using punched hearts on stems and I've mentioned you and added your link on my post. If you'd like to see it,its at:
    http://faithwordsfaithexpressions.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/heart-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a pretty card, love the heart stems.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete