Thursday, February 27, 2014

Monochromatic card

The card I have to share with you today was very fun to create!  I started off a little differently than usual, knowing that I wanted to use my favorite color.  Instead of using cardstock as the base, I grabbed a piece of thick patterned paper.  Then I used a scrap of lighter blue paper toward the bottom as an accent.

I cut the flower and shadow from the Storybook Cricut cartridge.  The flower was too big to go through my Xyron, so I went old school and poured out some white glue and rubbed it on with my fingers, Kindergarten style.  Then I poured the glitter over it and smushed it all on.  Once the glue was dried, I adhered it to the shadow and then onto the card.  I used a stamp from Jaded Blossom's Picture This stamp set and some pearls up in the top corner to balance it out.


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Craftin Desert Divas- Glitter
Fantabulous Cricut- All About You (your favorite color)
Simon Says Stamp- Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes with Pearls
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! The glittery flower looks amazing! Lovely colors and design! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, I love the sparkle and the color. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...very pretty. That oversized flower is wonderful. Glad you shared at Craftin' Desert Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    P.S. Send me an email...I have a question to ask you. coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkle. Thanks for joining FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the glitter and the colors. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete