Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Special Challenge- Use a Sketch File

"Special Challenge - Use a Sketch File" over at


This is in addition to our regular monthly challenge.

DT members were not required to participate.
We have 8 participating.

Sponsor is:
My Crafting Channel

Winner will receive:
Silhouette Printable Clear Sticker Paper

For your inspiration I created this


Welcome to our special challenge!  I've had the sketch markers for my cameo for awhile- I got a few in the package when I bought my Cameo and my husband got me another pack for my birthday last year.  I used them once to see how they worked and then they got stuck away, which is so sad because they're really fun.  That's why I was so happy to see that we were having a special Sketch pens challenge!

For this challenge, I decided to use this beautiful tulip I found in the Silhouette Online Store.  It was an extra challenge for me, because I realized I wanted to use two different pens and had no idea how to!  I’m sure there’s a very easy way to do it, much easier than what I ended up doing.  I ended up using the Divide feature to split the image.  Then I grouped the pink part and grouped the green part.  Then I moved the pink part off the mat, drew the green, moved the pink back into place and the green off the mat, and drew the pink part.  Like I said, I’m sure there’s an easier way- but this way worked!
After that I just cut the white cardstock down, cut some green patterned paper to go behind it, matted it on the pink card, and added the gems.  So easy, but so cute!

If you have sketch pens or have been wanting a reason to buy them, join us in this special challenge!  There will be more special challenges periodically throughout the year to help us use up those Silhouette goodies that we get and then forget to use, so keep an eye on the blog!

Now hop on over to see what my DT sister have created for you inspiration and to link up your Sketch File projects.

CLICK HERE



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh how Pretty Becky! I LOVE Pink & Green together... The gems add such a nice touch! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete