Saturday, May 10, 2014

Quick note card

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  I'm typing to you today with Sophie on my lap, cowering from the loud noises of my husband cutting the trim for the family room (which is his current renovation project).  A few dog snuggles and I get to hang out in my pajamas for awhile?  I'll take it!

Today's card is one I made when I needed a quick notecard to attach to a gift.  I cut a piece of kraft paper to 4 1/4 square and stamped a sentiment from Pink By Design's "You are my Happy" stamp set.  Then I cut these flowers from Lettering Delight's "Peacocks and Pinwheels"- it was super easy to layer, and since I wanted to use gems instead of the centers that come with the flowers, it went very quickly.  I added the gems from my stash and some stickles to give the leaves something, and it was ready to go!  I love how I can make elaborate cards one day, and something so quick and simple the next, just based on what I need.  No fighting the crowds in the card aisle for me!  ;)

I'll be entering this card into the flowers challenge at Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenges.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Becky! Awesome clean and simple design. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Spring Flowers!

    ReplyDelete