Saturday, May 3, 2014

Silhouette Challenges Blossom Hop Day 1


Bring

So Silhouette Challenges is celebrating .

We are on Day 1!

There are only a few stops on this hop each day, and you are going to love the projects you see.

I am the ninth stop.
To start at the beginning Click HERE

I had a lot of fun making my project for today's hop!  I chose the 3D cherry blossom flower cut from the Silhouette Online Store (ID# 55887, in case you were wondering) as my blossom.  Here's a picture of the two projects together, and then I'll show you each one seperately.


The card was pretty basic, because I wanted the blossom to be the center of attention.  I used a piece of patterned paper from Studio Calico and cut it to the size of an A2 card.  Then I used some white cardstock, but it to the size I wanted for the front of the card, an punched it with a Martha Stewart border punch.  Then I adhered the blossom, which I had cut with my cameo and chalked on the edges for dimension.



The box is also pretty basic, to be honest.  I used another blossom, cut from the cameo and chalked.  I cut the box out from my cameo as well- it's just a basic 3d box, you could use any one you wanted.  I used another sheet of the Studio Calico paper, and adhered the blossom to the top, then used the white cardstock to cut panels for each side (using a ruler and paper trimmer- the panels didn't come with the cameo file) and again punched them with the border punch.


I was really happy with how these came out, and since I went minimalist on the card and box to highlight the flower, they really didn't take very much time.  In fact, after I made these I went back and bought more 3D flowers by the same artist because they were so fun and easy.

Here is the entire list of stops for day 1
Nana @ My Crafting Channel
Pam @ Scrap N Sew Granny
Kim @ Kim's Card Corner
Theresa @ Scrappers Anonymous
Julie @ Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers
Jessi @ My Life in Arts N Crafts
Robin @ The Cricut Scrapper
Kate @ Kate's Paper Creations
Becky @ Becky's Craft Place
LeeAnn @ Snappy Scraps
Becky @ My Paper Craze

Some of the Design Team has Candy.
Please note the ones that have candy set their own requirements for a chance at winning their candy.
Winners will be be announced by each offering candy on
May the 6th at NOON EST
On their blogs.



Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Oh Becky you can this set basic I call it beautiful. The flowers are stunning. Love the punched borders. I think your decision to highlight the flowers worked.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Becky! The borders add such a feminine touch. I love the flower you chose.
    Glenna @mypapercraze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!!! The flower is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are lovely! They really do add a lot to any project! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been tempted to try these flowers but was afraid they wouldn't look "real" enough but these look really lovely. You say you chalked them, hmm, I haven't used chalks in a very long time. Maybe it's time to bring them out again. Beautiful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, this is so soft and pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Becky this set is gorgeous! The flowers are just exquisite! I love the soft pink and the pretty white lace edge. I just love the set!
    Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
    ♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, I think this set is pure gorgeous! The colors are so soft and pretty. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the soft colors you used and the flower is just stunning!! The lace trim adds so much~what a great touch!
    Super cute set:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flowers your projects are simply stunning hugs Seema

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any more on the box might have been too much. That flower says it all! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!! I love that big flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty gift set and that flower is just beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful matching duo! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful set, lovely soft colours and the flowers are perfect.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple is often beautiful Becky, and your box and card are so elegant and stylish. Love them.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful box and flower! Awesome project :)

    (:(:SMiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete