Saturday, July 26, 2014

Heart card

Everybody brace yourselves...for today's card I used my Cricut instead of my Cameo!  I know, right?  With the year halfway over, I've been trying to evaluate my crafty goals and how they will be able to fit in with my new hectic back to work lifestyle.  One thing I want to do is get back to using my Cricut more.  So, here I go.

I needed to make an anniversary card for my brother and sister in law, and I decided instead of the typical reds or black and whites of anniversary cards, I would go with their wedding colors- blue and green.  I cut this heart from the Sweethearts cartridge and inked it up with some Distress Inks.  I used mostly Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint, with a touch of Broken China to add a little blue in.  I cut the shadow in white as a contrast.

Because of the swirls on the heart, I thought the D'vine Swirls embossing folder would be a good match. I embossed it on vellum, which is one of my favorite things to emboss on. I adhered the heart down really well to the vellum, and put adhesive on the vellum behind the heart to adhere it down to the card.  I have some vellum adhesive, so I'm going to give it a few days and if it really seems too flimsy without the edges adhered, I can use a little of that in the corners.




I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Emboss it challenge.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I love your huge heart

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm glad you used your Cricut! It's all I have for now so I enjoy the inspiration :) TFS

    ReplyDelete