Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Peeking pet cards

I have been dying to get the Art Impressions mini front and backs set (cat and dog, of course) for a long time.  I finally got them in the mail, and of course that night I had to play with them!  They were a little more mini than I had expected, but still so cute!

I stamped the front and back of each pet on white cardstock, colored them with my Bic markers, and cut them out.  Then I went ahead and glued the faces to their backs so they'd be ready when I was able to make a card with them.

The cards here are 4x4, and I rounded the corners.  I cut the circles with my Nestabilities.  I'm not going to lie, I went through a lot of paper trying to get the circles to line up.  Spacial reasoning is not one of my strong suits.  But I finally figured out a method and got the patterned paper (it's from Recollections) just right. I did glue the pets onto the cards, but made sure there was no glue on their feet so it looks a little more like they're hanging there.  If you look closely in the second picture, you can see the shadow from their feet.

I stamped the sentiments on the card front in navy blue.  They're from the Scrappy Mom's Stamps "Raining Cats and Dogs" stamp set.  The Art Impressions set did come with two sentiments, but I wanted something a little different for these cards.  I think they turned out really cute!

I'll be entering this card set into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes challenge.


The front of the cards 
The inside of the cards


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh my cuteness! I love this Becky! I just got these stamps too and have yet to try them. I love the calico! You did a wonderful job coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh!!!! the little cat and dog bums hanging on the inside of the card is adorable!!! such a beautiful beach tag! Thank you so much for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete