Friday, August 29, 2014

Stamp storage (mini binders)

Hello blog friends!  This week was...shall we say..hectic at work, so instead of a fun project to share I thought I'd pop in an organization post, just so you don't think I've forgotten you.  I hope to get up to the craft room to spend a bit more time creating this weekend if it rains, but if it's nice I'll be outside enjoying the last weekend of summer.


This is a storage idea that I've been trying for almost a year now, and I really like it so I thought I'd share.  I don't have a ton of clear stamps- I mean, I have a lot, don't get me wrong, but not as many as I could have, so this storage seems to be just right for my medium sized stamp collection.   I also have a regular sized binder that I keep an inventory of all of my stamps by theme (I just stamped them onto paper that I labelled with themes like "Christmas, birthday, misc") so if I'm looking for something specific I know where to find it.

I went to Office Max and bought some of the 2 inch 8.5x5.5 binders and the page protectors that go in them.  I also already had one of the 1 inch ones, but it doesn't quite match.  It bothers my compulsive tendencies, but not enough to do anything about it.  

First I pulled stamps by the two companies that I have the most stamps from and gave each of them their own binder.  The third binder is stamps that I think of by manufacturer, but only have a few sets of each.  I made one binder for miscellaneous stamps that I use mainly for cardmaking, and one for miscellaneous stamps that I mainly use for scrapbooking.  The 1 inch binder I use for my alphabet stamps.

They're all labelled with stickers from Simple Stories.


Stamp binders, sitting on my shelf

A peek into my Jaded Blossom stamp binder

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like that you separated your stamps by Company name. TFS..
    I have mine stored in a box...Love this idea!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete