Friday, September 12, 2014

Shop til you drop

I hope you're all having a happy Friday in your neck of the woods!  I had a chance to get into the craft room and make a card yesterday, when three of my four appointments for the day cancelled, leaving me not having to go to work until 4!

Although this card looks A2, it's actually a couple of inches smaller.  It's a card base I got from the Target dollar spot a long time ago.  I'm trying to work on using up my stash a little.  :)  I stamped the background myself, using Distress Inks on a craft mat that I sprayed with water and a Heidi Swapp arrow stamp.  Next, I stamped the image of the girl holding gifts onto another piece of white cardstock and colored it with my Bic pens.  The image and sentiment that I stamped are both from a Pink by Design stamp set called Black Friday.

See that cute little purple enamel dot up in the corner? It's a homemade enamel dot that I bought from a shop on Etsy.  For only $1.20, you can order a pack of 50 of any color.  I got blues, greens, and pinks, and the owner of the shop threw in a small sample of other colors for me to try- thus the cute purple!  I'd really been wanting to try homemade enamel dots, but with a *very* sensitive smoke detector and a dog that goes bonkers when the smoke detector goes off, this was a wonderful alternative.


I'll be entering this card into the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge- Make your own background
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Super fun, love your two toned BG. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Make Your Own Background Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete